Is Agrarianism Livable?
Is the agrarian solution realistic? How could a modern person (i.e., someone who lives in a city, uses modern technology, works in the global economy, etc.) adapt agrarian principles to fit their way of life? Explain your view of whether the “eco-nuns” discussed by Taylor have been successful in making an agrarian ethic relevant to modern life? How might one’s choices to live sustainably be considered a “spiritual discipline”? Explain two or more environmentally responsible practices that you would like to incorporate in your own life and the concrete ways that you will attempt to do these things.
Review your classmates’ posts. As you analyze their examples and present your own position, think about the practices that they examine and try to supplement their discussions with methods that you are thinking of implementing in your own life. You might also consider reflecting on how practicing these things might make your own life better or more harmonious with nature.
Attend discussion on at least four separate days, and post a total of 800 words. There is no required word count for individual posts as long as all your posts together total 800 words. Nor is there a minimum number of posts, but you must post on at least four separate days by Day 7.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your discussion.
Need Other Tutorials For LIB 315 ?
You may click on the links below to go to respective tutorial. · LIB 315 Week 1 DQ 1 ( Depictions of Nature in Media and Film )
· LIB 315 Week 1 DQ 2 ( The Wild and the Human )
· LIB 315 Week 1 Quiz
· LIB 315 Week 2 DQ 1 ( Environmental Crisis and Its Causes )
· LIB 315 Week 2 DQ 2 ( Christianity, Power, and Nature )
· LIB 315 Week 2 Quiz
· LIB 315 Week 3 DQ 1 ( Deep Ecology and Religion )
· LIB 315 Week 3 DQ 2 ( The Relationship Between Religion, Spirituality, and the Environment )
· LIB 315 Week 3 Quiz
· LIB 315 Week 4 Assignment ( The Agrarian Solution )
· LIB 315 Week 4 DQ 1 ( Principles of Agrarianism )
· LIB 315 Week 4 DQ 2 ( Is Agrarianism Livable )
· LIB 315 Week 4 Quiz
· LIB 315 Week 5 Assignment ( Final Paper – Alienation and Nature )
· LIB 315 Week 5 DQ 1 ( Princess Mononoke )
· LIB 315 Week 5 DQ 2 ( Balancing Human and Environmental Values )