Ethics and Moral Development
Prepare : In preparing for this discussion, you should first review the Week Two required resources that focus on ethics and morals. You will examine your own development of ethical and moral responsibilities.
Reflect: Take a deeper look at your own life and determine which experiences have inspired ethical and moral reasoning. Were there any huge influences in this process?
Write: For this discussion you will
· Explain what it means to be ethical as it relates to personal, academic, and professional growth.
· Provide at least one ethical dilemma you have encountered and describe how the issue was resolved.
· Describe how your general education courses influenced your ethical values.
· Explain why a college-educated person might have different duties to society than someone not as educated.
· Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references. Be sure to include information from the websites and articles.
· Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length.
Respond to Peers: Review your classmates’ posts, and respond to at least two of your peers by Day 7. In each response, provide comments that prompt further critical thinking and insight on your classmate’s perspective on ethical values as they relate to their personal, academic and professional lives. Each participation post should be a minimum of 75 words.
THIS TUTORIAL INCLUDES TWO ANSWERS FOR THIS DISCUSSION QUESTION TO HELP YOU SCORE BETTER
Link to other tutorials for GEN 499
Just click on Assignment/Discussion name to go to respective tutorial. · GEN 499 Week 1 Assignment ( Reflecting on Personal Identity and Global Citizenship )
· GEN 499 Week 1 Discussion ( Purpose of General Education )
· GEN 499 Week 2 Assignment ( Information Literacy – Ashford University Library Experience )
· GEN 499 Week 2 Discussion 1 ( Final Research Project Topic )
· GEN 499 Week 2 Discussion 2 ( Ethics and Moral Development )
· GEN 499 Week 3 Assignment ( Final Research Project Preparation – Annotated Bibliography )
· GEN 499 Week 3 Discussion 1 ( Philosophy of Education )
· GEN 499 Week 3 Discussion 2 ( Scholarly Sources & Bibliography Analysis )
· GEN 499 Week 3 Journal ( Skills Acquired Through General Education )
· GEN 499 Week 4 Discussion 1 ( Critical Thinking Principles )
· GEN 499 Week 4 Discussion 2 ( Final Research Project Progress )
· GEN 499 Week 4 Critical Thinking Quiz
· GEN 499 Week 5 Discussion 1 ( Reflecting on General Education )
· GEN 499 Week 5 Assignment ( Final Research Project )